21 November, 2008

Autumn


After finishing my last spoon of Wheat bran and Oats breakfast, I washed my bowl and left the kitchen. Once again checked all my belongings and slammed the door and started walking towards the bus stop. As usual, I switched on my i-pod. KJ Yesudas was singing “Madhubhan Khusboo”. I looked around and found that the leaves on the trees have changed their colours and have fallen too. I realised that autumn is going to end. I remember my mother saying “Whatever happens, the time will not wait. What has to happen will happen”.

Yes, on seeing the tree near my house, I realised that the leaves have changed from green to different colours. In fact, most of the leaves have fallen. I realised that I had taken a picture of the same tree few months ago (see picture 1). I opened my bag and took another picture of the present tree(see picture 2). In the meanwhile, diesel and petrol prices have gone up. The banks have run into loss. The world economy had changed. Credit crunch has almost hit every part of the world. New president has been elected in US of A. Indians have beaten Australians in Cricket. So...what...who bothers.... The seasons do not wait....

After all they need to do their duty.

Autumn is going to end and winter is already in.

Nature does not wait for anything.






6 comments:

Jeevan said...

Lovely autumn, I love waking on those crunching ground. Pleasant :)

Chakra said...

> In the meanwhile, diesel and petrol prices have gone up.

- Hasn't it gone up and come down as well? Unga oorla epdi? ;-))

Balaji S Rajan said...

Jeevan,

Yes every season has its own beauty. Have you walked on those dried leaves? Have you observed the sound when they fly and fall on each other? Also the sound that comes when we walk on those dried leaves. It is a great feeling.

Balaji S Rajan said...

Chakra,

yes.. it has come down as well.

Rama said...

How true!! Nature (and time) doesnt wait for anyone. Whether you are in or out, so better be in, or you would be left out!! Beautiful pictures...

Anonymous said...

Down memory land again. Nat King Cole singing Autumn Leaves. What a song and what a voice!

Since you are also a Yesudas fan, another old song - Kaadu, karuththakkaadu, manushan aadhyam piranda veedu!