22 August, 2008

Festival season
















The word ‘Festival’ brings us many memories. I have been wishing to attend a festival since long time. Luckily last week I had a chance. Due to work and business, I could not go to a particular event. But one evening I had a chance to walk around the area, and witnessed lots of road shows and it was a great evening.

Edinburgh festivals were started in 1947, during the post war to “provide a platform for the flowering of the human spirit’. I came to know that it holds the world record for the largest arts festival in the world. Though I could not personally witness any special program, I see everyday the grand atmosphere that prevails in this town. Lots of comedy shows, stand up comedies, plays, musical shows, and art shows are happening around the town. I have tried my best to present some good pictures taken during a walk around the town.

4 comments:

Jeevan said...

Interesting pictures and you have captured it beautifully dear. True, Festivals brings lots of memories and people together to celebrate it with more fun and it bears expectations. Pictures express the celebration, loved the one children witness the dance.

ambi said...

Nice Snaps. thx for sharing. :)

Kavi said...

Well captured and gives me a flavour of the festivity !

Thanks for sharing

Devilish Angel said...

Colorful pics...